Student Retention and Success
Office of the Associate Vice President for Student Retention and Success
The mission of the office is to provide guidance with regard to academic policy and procedures to the students and faculty of Siena College, and to assist students with the support needed to enhance their academic success and retention.
The primary elements of this mission are to: coordinate Siena's academic support services; coordinate Siena's retention efforts; communicate College policies and procedures; support the decision making of faculty through assistance with interpretation of polices; and enforce academic integrity polices and academic standards.
To accomplish its mission, the Office:
- Helps plan and implement academic support programming
- Provides leadership for the Academic Support and Advising Center, The Writing Center, Tutoring Services and The Higher Education Opportunity Program.
- Advises and mentors students
- Makes determinations regarding academic dismissals
- Serves as a liaison between faculty and students and is resource for both
- Chairs Siena's Early Warning and Retention Team (SEWART)
- Serves as a member on Siena's Student Concerns Team (SCT)
- Supervises Siena's LEAP Program (Learning to Enhance Academic Performance)
- Chairs the Academic Integrity Committee
- Serves as a member of the Board of Instruction (BOI)
Peter Ellard, Ph. D.
Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs for Student Retention and Success
Siena Hall 215
515 Loudon Road
Loudonville, NY 12211-1462