While Abroad

On-Campus Housing

If you desire on-campus housing upon return to Siena you should contact Residence Life. Residence Life will e-mail each student who is abroad with updates and information. 

Course Changes

If you elect to take a course while abroad that was not pre-approved by the Assistant Dean of your School (on your Study Abroad Equivalency Form), you MUST e-mail the appropriate Assistant Dean listed below, so that the new course may be evaluated and your registration updated.  This will facilitate proper and timely transfer of credit.

Allison J. Schultz, Liberal Arts

Diane Hannahs, Business

Angela McKeever, Science

Additional Term Abroad

You may choose to remain abroad for an additional term. Arrangements are made through the International Programs Office. 

Library Resources

Many of the resources of Standish Library are available to you while abroad.  


Use this link to access the library research databases while abroad. After you click on the database name you will be required to login using your regular network credentials.  For more information regarding library information while abroad, be sure to read the Study Abroad Brochure. 

Registration for Siena Courses

 Via e-mail, the Registrar communicates with all students, including those abroad, concerning upcoming online registration. While abroad, you register online at the time appropriate for you as determined by the Registrar. All students abroad are expected to abide by the same norms as students on campus. Only in very exceptional circumstances will a student be exempted from online registration. Visit the Registrar for more information. 

Web for Students has made it easy to check the status of the CAPP report. You are responsible for contacting an advisor at registration time.

For problems regarding technical aspects of web registration contact the Siena College ITS Help Desk (518-782-3573). 


Arrange for your transcript to be sent to the Study Abroad Office at Siena College upon completion of the semester abroad. In order to assure proper credit allocation for any courses taken abroad, they must be pre-approved by the Assistant Dean. Without pre-approval, course acceptance is not guaranteed.

If you believe there is an error in reporting a grade on your transcript from abroad, you must deal directly with the foreign university or study abroad provider and follow their appeals process.


Absentee Voting

To arrange for an absentee ballot, consult the Federal Voting Assistance Program. 

The U.S. Department of State has created a useful, highly informative, user-friendly website dealing with Study Abroad. You may access it by going to Students Abroad.  It will help you find answers to questions our website might not have covered.  For additional useful information, visit the Tips for Traveling Abroad page.


Visit Us

  • Foy Hall, Room 301
    Telephone: (518) 786-5047
    Fax: (518) 783-4950
  • Office Hours
    Monday - Friday
    9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Contact Information

  • Brian C. Belanger OFM, Ph.D.
    Director of International Programs
  • Gregory J. Jabaut, M.A.
    Associate Director 
    Study Abroad
  • Meg Verret, J.D.
    Assistant Director
    International Student Services
  • Melody Nadeau, Ph.D.
    Assistant Director
    Intensive English Program
  • Michael Collins
    Office Coordinator
  • All inquiries:
    or call (518) 786-5047
  • Stay connected: