Learning Goals of the Standish Library Instruction Program
Information Literacy and Instruction
(518) 782 - 6731
Learning Goals of the Standish Library Instruction Program*
Upon graduation from Siena College, each graduate will be able to:
- Find relevant general and scholarly information for professional, personal, and civic purposes.
- Formulate, and refine as necessary, a comprehensive and appropriate research strategy for the task/project required.
- Critically evaluate information in a variety of formats including, but not limited to, books, journals, electronic databases, broadcast media and the Internet.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the structure, formats, and content of scholarly communication in the graduate’s chosen major discipline.
- Contribute to scholarly and professional communication by making research results available by reporting and/or publishing.
- Recognize the ethical considerations of obtaining, using, and citing information in a variety of contexts.
*Responsibility of the library faculty and the teaching faculty working in close collaboration throughout the general and disciplinary curricula