VMWare View provides access to Siena College resources from off-campus. This service is provided to Faculty, Staff, and Administrators.
Instructions for Use:
The first time you log into VMware View you may need to install software onto your local machine.
1. Go to VMWare View
If you are using Internet Explorer 9 you must use "Compatibility Mode".
More information on compatibility mode
2. You will be taken to a page that states “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.” (Internet Explorer) or “This Connection is Untrusted” (Firefox)
Click “Continue to this website” (Internet Explorer) or “I Understand the Risks” (Firefox)
3. You will then be asked to download and install the Active X client at the top of the screen.
- Make sure that the first option “View Client (21 MB)” is selected and click Download.
- A window may appear that asks that you install a program from VMware, click “Install” to continue and download the program. Or
- You may see a Run/Save/Cancel option prompt at the bottom of your window…choose Run.
- Accept all of the default prompts.
For the “Default View Connection Server” type aruba.siena.edu
- Choose to create shortcuts on your desktop and start menu
- At its completion, you will be asked to “Restart your system”. Do so.
4. After the reboot, locate the icon on your desktop and double-click it.
- The VMWare window should open with the server name aruba.siena.edu displayed.
- Click Connect,
- Enter your username and password.
- Click Login.
- You will be presented with two (2) desktop options:
- FSA-1-pool: This provides Windows 7 with Office 2010
- Office 2k7: This provides Windows 7 with Office 2007
- Select the option that provides the same version of Office that you use on your Siena College computer and click Connect
5 You will now be logged into VMware.
6. For future times, just repeat step 4.