Federal Direct Stafford Application Steps for Graduate Students
Federal Direct Stafford Loan:
Your eligibility for the Federal Direct Stafford loan program is displayed on Web for Students. All graduate students are required to complete Exit Counseling (at www.nslds.ed.gov) for their Undergraduate Stafford loans before receiving their Graduate Direct Stafford loans.
- File a 2014-2015 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
- Accept your Federal Direct Stafford Loan via Web for Students
If you have previously borrowed a Direct Stafford loan at Siena College, you do not need to complete any other steps.
If you have not previously borrowed a Stafford loan at Siena College, please complete the following 2 steps for the loan:
- To complete your MPN and Entrance Counseling, visit www.studentloans.gov.
- Select Sign In (You will need your SSN and FAFSA PIN to log in).
- Select Complete Counseling
- Select Complete Entrance Counseling and follow the instructions for graduate students.
- Once you have completed your Entrance Counseling, select Complete Master Promissory Note.
- Select the Subsidized/Unsubsidized link and follow the provided instructions.
Once steps 1-3 have been completed, your loan funds (loan amount minus loan fees) will be electronically disbursed to your Siena College student account in two installments, at the beginning of each semester.
Your Federal Direct Stafford loan will not be processed by the Financial Aid Office until you have completed ALL requirements outlined above.