- Information Technology Services
Hines Hall 101
- Help Desk Locations
FSA - Hines Hall 101
Students - Standish Library
What Your Computer Needs
Before move-in day:
- Familiarize yourself with your computer.
- If your computer is new, unpack it and set it up at home. Hook up your Ethernet (and wireless) connection to be sure it works. If it works at home, it should work here.
- Update your Windows patches and antivirus software.
Must have to register (to use the campus network):
- Antivirus software that’s up to date
- Windows patches that are up to date.
Make sure you have:
- Anti-spyware software that’s up to date.
- Security…..Password protect your computer. This adds an extra level of security.
- A security cable for a laptop computer.
- File-Sharing software UN-installed (Limewire, Ares, Morpheus, BitTorrent, etc.). These are the biggest source of Spyware infections. What you do here can definitely affect others.
If you bring a gaming device:
They are welcome here (X-Box, Wii, PlayStation, etc.) Our rule however, is one device per jack. If more than one device is detected, your port will automatically shut down. Therefore hubs, switches, access points, and the like are prohibited.