To Submit a Facilities Work Request please email:
For Emergencies only
Pest Control Services
A variety of natures creatures and insects often seek shelter and food by heading indoors.
Here at Siena our approach to the invasion of pests is as follows:
- Prevention is #1 - keep all indoor living and working spaces free of food/drink/trash debris. Regular cleaning and disinfection of all surfaces will assist in discouraging the initial entry.
- Spaces trespassed upon by common insects (ants, conifer seed bugs, flies, and bees) or pests (mice), can be substantially mininized and/or eradicated with treatments by Housekeeping staff, specifically training in the control of pest.
- Should a student report bed bugs, the following protocol will take place:
- The student will be referred to seek medical attention for confirmation by Health Services or a primary medical doctor.
- A work order under Pest Control Services will be submitted to the Facilities Service Department.
- A certified pest technician is dispatched to investigate within 24 hours. Siena has 3 certified pest technicains on staff in the Facilities Department.
- If a positive confirmed case of bed bugs is identified, the following protocol will take place:
- Resisdence Life is notified
- The student removes all bedding, linens, and clothing around the affected area and properly cleans all items. Un-washable items should be inspected and treated in the appropiate manner by the student (bed bug protocol).
- Facilities will remove and replace mattresses for all occupants of the associated area.
- Facilities will provide the pest control remediation necessary to eliminate and deter the return of bed bugs
- Facilities staff will re-inspect and re-apply pesticides as needed.
- In the event that a pest issue arises, please contact the Facilities Work Request desk, to submit a request for Pest Control Service, at 783-2371 or email at email@example.com.
FACILITES ABOVE AND BEYOND AWARD
JANUARY 2015 WINNER:
Recognizes employee for having a positive impact on the Siena Community, for going that extra mile to benefit others, and for being a shining example of the Franciscan Misson, which encourages us to "work together in friendship and respect"