Accreditation, Accountability, Assessments
Siena's intial teacher preparation/certification programs train students to teach in secondary schools (grade, 7-12) as well as elementary schools (grade, 5-6). The Education Department and its professional teacher preparation/certification education programs are;
All Siena’s professional education programs prepare individuals to work as k-12 teachers or serve in other roles in schools and organizations.
- NCATE accredited means that our teacher licensure programs has undergone rigorous, external unbiased review by professionals and public representatives to meet the needs of today’s classroom and assures all of meeting national standards set by the teaching field.
- Recognition of our education programs provides added assurance to students, prospective students and employers that our degree programs meet the highest professional standards and received the teaching profession’s ‘seal of approval’.
- Graduates of NCATE accredited teacher preparation programs are in high demand because they are well-prepared for initial licensing.
- This recognition demonstrates that our teacher candidates have been systematically assessed both content professional standards and performance wise, before they are recommended for NYS teacher licensure to help k-12 students learn.
TRANSITION TO CAEP (COUNCIL FOR THE ACCREDITATION OF EDUCATOR PREPAREATION)
- CAEP is the new, sole accreditor of education departments and teacher preparation programs.
- NCATE/CAEP is the teaching profession’s organization to help establish high quality teacher, specialist, and administrator preparation.
- The Education Department is in the process of preparing for our continued NCATE/CAEP accreditation onsite visit in 2017.
- The department would address the new CAEP 2013 Standards for Accreditation of Educator Preparation to be re-accredited.