You deserve to be safe. This checklist can help you identify if you are experiencing stalking.
- Is someone contacting you excessively via phone (including hang-ups), email or text messaging?
- Does this person know that their attention is unwanted by you? Have you asked this person to stop?
- Do you feel uncomfortable or fearful as a result of this person's behavior toward you?
- Is this person asking you frequent questions like: Where are you? What are you doing? Who are you with?
- Is this person showing up unexpectedly to check up on you at work, home or school?
- Does this person know things about your life/schedule which you have not shared with them?
- Has this person ever gone through your stuff, hacked into your computer, messed with your phone or social media account, etc?
- Has this person ever damaged your property to make you feel afraid?
- Does this person send you unwanted gifts, cards, letters, etc?
- Does this person follow you, show up uninvited at work, school, or other places you are known to frequent?