Abusive Relationship Checklist
You deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. This checklist can be used as a guide to help identify abusive relationships.
Does your current or former partner:
- Make you feel scared?
- Refuse to accept that the relationship is over or allow time for a break?
- Tell you what to do, how to do it, what to believe, and gets mad when you disagree?
- Insist you spend all of your time with them?
- Act jealous, controlling or possessive? Do they tell you what you can wear, who you can hang out with, or accuse you of cheating because you have spoken to another guy/girl?
- Follow you? Show up unexpectedly wherever you are?
- Try to keep you from friends or family?
- Try to keep you from getting to class or accomplishing class work?
- Threaten to tell all of your secrets or make up lies to ruin your reputation?
- Call, text or message you on social media numerous time a day to check up on you? Do they have someone else do it for them? If you don't respond or delay a response do they become angry?
- Call you names? Belittle you? Insult you? Humiliate you?
- Threaten to hurt or kill themselves if you do not do what they say they need you to do?
- Become physically violent (punch, slap, shove, strangle, pull hair, bite or kick?)